Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I need to write more


I've just (and by just I go back to last weekend maybe) finished: a 12 pages work on narration in video games, a 12 pages work on the of the Dead horror movies, a 13 pages work on the evolution of westerns, a 10 pages work on some stuff about society (the teacher killed what could have been an interesting subject), watched 5 movies of which 2 were fun and studied for 3 exams that I all did between last Wednesday and today.

I am drained. But strangely, doing all this, being proud of my works (I may just translate the narration one and post it here) and performing like I never did, I have a strange envy to write even more. Write about games, write about the gaming culture, anything and from the point of view of both an academic and a fan. Henry Jenkins would be proud.... if he knew about this blog. So my (early) new year resolution is to at least write something once a week. About anything that may grab my attention during the week. Just to keep me writing and keep me motivated. But not this week. Like I said, I am empty, my brain is dead, I'm out of sodas and the week sucked anyway. VGA's were misogynist (from what I've heard) and more people are loosing their jobs in the industry. I will start my weekly routine after I get drunk (this Friday) and hopefully keep it going.

No comments: